Welcome to Fireclaw. Since you’re here, I’m going to assume you like comics. If you don’t, I’m sure you will soon. Fireclaw is a creative group whose mission is to bring beauty and cultural enlightenment straight to your screen. We put our hearts and souls into each and every issue to keep you enchanted to the last page.
Our office is in an historical “tzar” building situated in the very heart of Kyiv. It is our second home. We have comic books from all over the world, tabletop and roleplaying games, and lots of other cool figures and gadgets in the office. These tools help give us the inspiration for the stories you love.
We are a small and enthusiastic group of people full of love for everything we do. We take care of every aspect of comic creation: creating the worlds and writing screenplays; contracts and licensing; translations, editing, and proofreading; managing artists; lettering and graphics; printing, selling, and distribution all over Ukraine; marketing and advertising; and promotion and presentations during book and comic exhibitions.
- June 2020 – Fireclaw is going global. Our comics are available in English and Italian. Now only digitally, but printed versions and more languages are coming soon.
- 2020 – Due to the global pandemic of COVID-19, Fireclaw focuses on publishing digital comics, including its own productions and licensed manga.
- 2019 – Fireclaw continues working on its own projects along with the monthly production of licensed comics. Contracts with IDW, Dark Horse, BOOM!Studios, DUPUIS, and Penguin Random House signed. Fireclaw becomes one of the biggest comic publishing houses in Ukraine.
- September 2018 – Fireclaw starts publishing TPBs and hardcovers. Participates in ComicCons and book exhibitions all over Ukraine.
- May 2018 – Contract with Sergio Bonelli Editore signed, and the first Italian comics are published in Ukrainian – Dragonero Adventures and Tex.
- February 2018 – Spider-Man spoke Ukrainian for the first time. Fireclaw became the only Marvel licensee in Ukraine. (Singles are published monthly.)
- Late 2017 – Fireclaw signed a contract with Marvel and got licenses for the distribution of Marvel comics in Ukraine.
- May 2017 – Fireclaw published and presented its first comic series in the genres of dark fantasy, victorian steampunk, chivalric fantasy, and sci-fi at ComicCon in Kyiv.
- 2015–2017 – Production of the first pilot issues of Fireclaw comics. We created the worlds, heroes, adventures, and creatures. At the same time, we created a team that understands each other and shares common tastes and goals.
- February 2nd, 2015 – Founded as PE “Fireclaw Ukraine”. Why Ukraine? – well, our founder is Italian and grew up reading comics every day. When he moved to Ukraine and found out that there were no comics here, he decided to create his own.
Years of work have given us new goals and priceless experience. We have a lot to say and to show, and we know you’ll love the work that we’ve done!